Paris holds a special place in our hearts, and we’ve been fortunate enough to visit the City of Lights on multiple occasions. The reason behind our frequent trips is rooted in the fact that Henri’s grandparents live there, making it a magnet that pulls us back every few years. This particular visit held extra significance as we gathered to honor their remarkable milestone of 65 years of marriage.
It’s not a conversation about France without talking about the food. French cuisine is the mecca of all foods! Its rich textures, use of butter, and full glasses of wine are an experience in themselves. One of my other favorite things to do in France is to check out the grocery stores; they’re not like the ones here in the U.S. There’s a shop for vegetables, a fruit stand, a butcher, a baker, and a cheese shop!
Let’s take a look at some of the delicious stops on our recent Parisian adventure:
Le Grande Epicerie de Paris is a great go-to store for treats to bring home. We found some Pistachio madelines and Haribo Croc gummies H loves.
My top recommendations from the places we visited are:
- Berthillon Ice Cream in Île Saint-Louis, it’s always one of our first stops in Paris. I like the unique fruit flavors like peché (peach) and coconut. Also, you can’t go wrong with a classic like pistachio!
- The essential French citrus soda Orangina
- Malo for galettes (savory crepes) and the views on top of Printemps
- Café de Flore for the vibes and the Instagramable coffee (the food is average)
- Kir Royale, Emily in Paris was right! This pre-dinner drink with blackcurrant and champagne is one of my favorites
- All the croissants!